In January of 2004, the Eli Lilly Endowment awarded the University of Notre Dame a grant to support students who are interested in living and working in the state of Indiana. In November of 2008, The Career Center again submitted a grant proposal and received a second round grant to benefit our students. Since that time, this grant has provided financial assistance to over 80 graduating students.
In its final year, The Career Center is pleased to again offer graduating students the opportunity to apply for a year-long award consisting of a monthly payment of $400.00 totaling $4,800.00 over the year. These funds are provided to support students as they “get on their feet” financially when choosing to begin their career in Indiana after graduating from Notre Dame.
- Available to all Notre Dame seniors and graduate students graduating in December 2014 or May 2015
- At the time of application seniors need not have accepted a position
- Application deadline is April 1, 2015.
- Selected recipients will be notified by April 30, 2015 of their status: accepted, waitlist or denied.
- Accepted recipients will have until July 31, 2015 to obtain a full-time, permanent, professional position in Indiana to be guaranteed receipt of the funding. If a recipient has not obtained a full-time position by that date the opportunity may be made available to candidates on the wait-list. Required documentation and procedures for this process will be discussed at the individual appointments with the Program Director.
- Please utilize The Career Center as a resource for your Indiana job search.
- Conduct a 15 minute appointment with the Indiana Careers Program Director. Contact The Career Center at (574)631-5200 to schedule your appointment.
- Complete and submit the application to The Career Center by April 1, 2015. Application includes:
- Faculty reference
- Recipients will be notified by April 30, 2015
The University and The Career Center’s Indiana Careers program may add to, delete, or amend these policies at any time.