Interview Preparation and Research
Know the Company: Company Research
Use these forms as a guide for information to gather:
- For Profit Employer Research Form
- Nonprofit Employer Research Form
- Government Organization Research Form
In addition to organization's websites, Google News searches, etc., utilize these resources for more information.
For Profit Organizations:
- Career Center Online Library
- Hesburgh Libraries/Mahaffey Business Information Center – BIC
- “Business Resource” tab
- Business Insights: Essentials
- LexusNexus Academic
- Standard & Poor’s Net Advantage
For Nonprofit and Government Organizations:
- Guidestar - Connecting people with nonprofit information.
- Idealist.org - The Nonprofit FAQ provides comprehensive information on all aspects of the business of nonprofits.
- Federal Agency Directory - The Library provides a breakdown of federal government agencies by type.
- Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies - Indexed by name and topic.
- State and Local Government on the Net - A directory of official state, county, and city government websites.
- OMB Watch - Government search engines, government job search tips, Congress, and nonprofits.
Know the Job Description
It is important to know the key elements of the job description so you can speak to how your skills and experiences are a fit for what they are looking for and what your duties will be.