Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Funding Application due?
- Winter Break experiences that are 3+ weeks must have the application submitted a month prior to departure.
- All Summer 2018 applications must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on April 15th, 2018.
- All 6 parts must be completed, including Employer Verification, in order to submit the application.
What disqualifies an application?
- If an application is not complete, it will not be considered. You cannot submit the application until after your employer completes the verification and you log back in to submit the completed application.
- If you do not notify us of other awards from across campus, we will disqualify your application upon the final review audit.
What is an Internship (as opposed to a job)?
An internship is any carefully monitored work or experience in which a student has intentional learning goals and reflects actively on what she or he is learning throughout the experience. Internships vary widely from organization to organization. Some common characteristics of an internship include:
- Is a time-limited experience that usually lasts about three months and occurs during the fall, spring or summer semesters
- Is generally a one-time experience
- May be part-time or full-time
- May be paid or unpaid
- May be part of an educational program and carefully monitored and evaluated for academic credit
- May be part of a learning plan that someone develops individually
- Is different from a short-term job or volunteer work and has an intentional “learning agenda” in a structured work environment
- Includes learning objectives, observation, reflection, evaluation and assessment
- Has an existing employee working in the department/position to mentor and supervise the intern
- Seeks to establish a reasonable balance between the intern’s learning goals and the specific work tasks of an organization
- Promotes academic, career and/or personal development
Employer Verification questions and troubleshooting
- Who can complete the form? Anyone at the organization can complete the form as long as they can confirm your offer, job duties, employment dates and compensation (if applicable).
- What if my employer does not receive the email? This verification email is automatically sent through the application provider from the address: email@example.com. For this reason, a robust firewall might stop it from arriving to their inbox. Have you employer check their spam folder. If it is still not there please contact Mary Flynt to troubleshoot the issue (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Is my application complete for consideration after my employer verification is complete? You must log back into your application check that all 6 sections are complete, and then hit the SUBMIT button. A verification email will be sent to you that your application is now under review.